Introduction to Medical Gas Systems
The trained person will be able to:
- Define role of medical gases as medicine in hospitals.
- Deliver medical gases to patients.
- Distinguish terminal units of medical gases, identify different cylinders by shape, size, and name.
- Practically use medical gas equipment, flow meters, cylinders, gas outlets, hoses, suction units etc.
- Connecting medical gas equipment to terminal unit.
- Preparing medical gas cylinder for use, connect to equipment & remove cylinder from equipment.
- Identify faulty medical gas equipment & cylinders.
- Emergency actions related to alarm systems & medical gases leakage.
- Using shut off valves (AVSUs).
- Take precaution prior to ensure patient and staff safety.
- Reading medical gas alarm indication.
- Know about working of manifold systems, medical vacuum, VIE system, medical air system, AGSS plant.
- Successfully monitor the manifold systems, vacuum system, VIE system, medical air system operations and working.