Pakistan Oxygen Limited (POL) offers a wide array of industrial and medical gases to support different industries.
Oxygen is produced by our Air Separation Units (ASU) where the process begins with a main air compressor that sends air through a clean-up system to remove moisture, carbon dioxide, and hydrocarbons. Later through liquefaction of atmospheric air, oxygen is separated by continuous cryogenic distillation. The finished product is then stored as a cryogenic liquid in specialized vacuum insulated cryogenic containers and is transferred to customers as per their demand. Oxygen can also be produced non cryogenically using adsorption to produce a gaseous product.
• Oxygen is used as an oxidizer. Industries that rely on oxygen for obtaining higher temperatures include: steel, non-ferrous, glass and concrete.
• Oxygen and hydrogen mixtures are used for welding, brazing and glass blowing.
• Oxygen is utilized in atomic reactors as well as in the optical fiber generation process.
• Injecting oxygen into sewage treatment plants accelerates the decomposition of sewage
• Oxygen is used in the making of glass ampules in the pharmaceutical business and in the chemical industry.
• In the food industry, oxygen is used in the transportation of live fish and seafoods
• Enrichment of air during fermentation also uses oxygen
• Oxygen is utilized either unadulterated or in blends with carbon dioxide as well as nitrogen for modified atmosphere packaging (MAP).
• In the medical field, it is used as a pure gas and in mixtures to support life.
• Other uses of oxygen include being used as a cutting gas in metal treating laser applications
• Chemical synthesis also relies on oxygen.
Colorless and odorless gas. It has the ability to burn materials which do not otherwise burn easily in air. Increases the combustion speed and lowers the flash-point temperature.
Our teams of engineers and market specialists work with customers to understand their business needs and their existing processes and develop gas applications that are tailored specifically to the customer’s requirement. If you have any additional questions or would like to be contacted by our sales team, please, do not hesitate to send us an email (Click here)
We continually strive to raise the bar and develop high-quality products and solutions which offer added value, clearly discernible competitive advantages, and a greater profitability for our customers. Our products offer improved efficiencies, cut process costs, enhance quality and productivity. Even more importantly, our innovative product technologies and applications are paving the way for more sustainable, green lifestyle choices and practices.